Thursday 6 July 2017

TIDY DESK



7 JULY 2017
PUBLISHED JULY 5, 2017 BY ROCHELLEWISOFF


This week’s Friday Fictioneers hosted by Rochelle and picture prompt provided by Claire Sheldon. 

PHOTO PROMPT © Claire Sheldon



TIDY DESK

There! She’d done it, she had tidied her desk.  Although why her boss had made her do it she really didn’t know.  She knew where everything was.  She might have to hunt and rummage around a bit but she always found that needed piece of paper eventually.

She didn’t go over to his desk and make it all messy so why did he feel the need to have her tidy up her messy desk.  He didn’t work at her desk.  She did.  She did all her work, on time, efficiently and usually got praised for it.  Micro management, bah humbug. 


13 comments:

  1. I must have been told a thousand times to tidy my desk. And I just ignored them. :) Micro management indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those clean desk policies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a personal tale. I do like a tidy desk, although I wouldn't force others to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY messy desk makes HIM unable to concentrate. Who has ADD?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my desk extra clean. And I remind my subordinates to keep theirs clean as well. Guess they shouldn't take it too personally. But this was well written, though no sympathy from the devil. Cheers, Varad.

    https://looseendoftheredthread.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/worth-nothing-friday-fictioneers/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making the act of tidying a desk interesting is quite a feat. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed , it's how efficient and diligent we are that should matter / be the
    focus rather than how tidy our work stations are! Nicely done, Sally!
    Best wishes,
    Moon
    https://aslifehappens60.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sally,

    I used to have a sign on my desk that said, "Those who keep an immaculate desk will never know the joy of finding something they thought was irretrievably lost." Good one.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha... nowadays we don't have a desk in the office, we can chose a free one (if there is one)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This could have been written by one of my friends who works at a bank that does not allow anything personal on their desks and everything has to be put away in drawers at the end of the day. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Micro managers are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done. Some people just are that neat- freakish that a mess anywhere in their line of vision upsets their balance and derails their concentration. Yeah it's a pain but I guess you need to cut them some slack.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think she's a bit cross! Neat take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete